2011 National Emissions Inventory (NEI) Data
Documentation for the 2011 NEI is ongoing at this time. Updates will be posted as available. Requests for additional information can be made to the Info CHIEF Help Desk at email@example.com.
Quality Assurance details
- Quality Assurance Routines for the 2011 Data (xlsx)(1 pg, 22 K)
- Emission InventorySystem QA Changes for the 2011 NEI (xlsx)(1 pg, 64 K)
- Emission Inventory System QA Checks (xlsx)(1 pg, 124 K) (formerly Appendix 5)
- Priority Facility List (xls)(1 pg, 2 MB) : Facilities deemed high priority based on aggregate contribution to emission
Nonpoint Emissions Tool and Methods
- Nonpoint Categories (xlsx)(1 pg, 18 K) that EPA is developing emission estimates for or planning to pull forward the 2008 estimates for use in 2011, if not provided by Agencies. (Updated September 2012)
- Data and documentation: MS Excel spreadsheets with emission factors, activities and county level allocation factors, and MS Word documents that describe the methodology used to estimate emissions
- Oil & Gas Emission Estimation Tool: (ZIP 6.5 MB) Includes the Access database tool, Supporting Materials, Documentation and Instructions for version 2. (Updated November 2014)
Onroad Mobile Resources
- Example run specification file: Sample county run specification file for 2011 NEI.
- Generic CDB Creator (ZIP)(13 pp, 2 MB) XML template for creating CDBs for submission to the NEI
- QA Tools: Tools to QA CDBs and to create the required QA Reports for EIS CDB submission
- CDB Sampler Header (xml)(1 pg, 2 K) file that can be edited for EIS submittal as an alternative to creating it via Bridge Tool Staging Tables
- National County Checklist (xlsx)(1 pg, 101 K) : checklist that indicates which tables the agency has revised from EPA's defaults for each county's CDB
Rail (locomotives) and Commercial Marine
- 2011NEIv2 Shape Fractions of County Emission for Rail and Commercial Marine (ZIP)(1 pg, 2 MB)
- Rail and Commercial Marine Shapefile Information for the 2011 NEI (docx)(1 pg, 13 K)
- Shapefile Fractions of County Emissions for Rail and Commercial Marine (ZIP)(1 pg, 2 MB)
- Port Shape Files (ZIP)(1 pg, 1 MB) last revised August 2014
- ShippingLane Shape Files (ZIP)(1 pg, 26 MB) last revised August 2014
- Rail Line Shape Files, (ZIP)(1 pg, 29 MB) last revised August 2014
The data posted at this site will include only the latest version of the 2011 NEI. This webpage should not be used as a reference for past versions of the NEI and users wanting a record of data used in their analysis should archive and document those inventories to meet their own archival needs. Users should not assume that the data posted on this site will stay the same as the data they use at a given point time.
The full detail data files for the Point, Onroad, Nonroad and Nonpoint data categories can be downloaded from the list below. Please note these files are larger than previous inventories and can be linked in Access if importing fails. These SCC data files do not include “events” data -wildfires and prescribed burning emissions. The events data can be found at the “Prescribed/Wildfires by Pollutant” link below under “Other Emissions Summaries”. To obtain a complete inventory total, please include these data in addition to the 4 SCC data files provided here.
- Point (ZIP CSV) (514.0 MB)
- Onroad (ZIP CSV) (43.8 MB)
- Nonroad (ZIP CSV) (317.0 MB)
- Nonpoint (ZIP CSV) (74.7 MB)
Additional Summary Data
Tribal Lands Emissions Summaries
Other Emissions Summaries
- Facility-level by Pollutant: (ZIP) (118 MB) Facility-level summary
- Prescribed/Wildfires by Pollutant: (ZIP) (7.22 MB) County-level by SCC summary
- Biogenics: (XLSX) (2.4 MB) Monthly-county and state-annual summaries
- All Sectors: (ZIP) (7.61 MB) National-county/tribe aggregated - sector file
- Tier Summaries: National/State/County summaries for Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3
Files that can be used for air quality modeling can be found at the Air Emissions Modeling.
The facility query provides a map of facilities for a selected state along with tabular data for the selected pollutant(s). Please note that the map only displays if there are less than 25 pollutants selected. If more than 25 pollutants are selected then only the tabular data will be displayed.