ECMPS Re-engineering Effort
The reporting platform switch from the current desktop ECMPS software to the new web-based ECMPS 2.0 reporting platform will become effective with the first reported emissions to be submitted for the Q1 2024 emissions submission period.
ECMPS 2.0 is scheduled for mandatory use for reporting in year 2024. This timeline will provide a reasonable amount of time for emission reporters, software vendors, and consultants to test ECMPS 2.0. EPA will continue to develop and release beta functionality (including quality assurance and emissions data) throughout 2022 and 2023; providing adequate time for testing, feedback, and deployment.
ECMPS 2.0 will also include additional data elements specified in the July 17, 2020 Mercury and Air Toxics Standard for Power Plants Final Electronic Reporting Revisions and other applicable regulatory reporting requirements.
The current ECMPS reporting platform and XML file format will remain in effect for 2023 reporting (i.e., through January 30, 2024).
Review the ECMPS 2.0 Beta Reporting Instructions.
ECMPS 2.0 will utilize CDX login services; therefore, anyone wishing to login, edit, and evaluate data in the ECMPS beta environment will need to first create a CDX test account. This account is specific to the beta environment and is separate from other CDX accounts used for official submissions to EPA. Users with an existing CDX account used for official submissions will need to create a test account/login as well to use the beta version of ECMPS 2.0. If you have any questions concerning this process, please see the CDX Start Guide (pdf) or contact EPA.
EPA has released the Draft ECMPS 2.0 instructions including the MATS 2024 data requirements for review. The monitoring plan, quality assurance and certification, and emissions reporting instructions are now posted below. These instructions will be finalized in the spring of 2023 and once finalized the additional data reporting elements will be added incrementally to the beta in preparation for 2024 reporting. If you have any questions regarding this documentation or the process please contact EPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Draft BETA Web Client MATS 2.0 EM Reporting Instructions (docx)
- Draft BETA Web Client MATS 2.0 MP Reporting Instructions (docx)
- Draft BETA Web Client MATS 2.0 QA Reporting Instructions (docx)
The following webinar recordings are available:
- 2022 Q4 ECMPS Stakeholder Call (October 18, 2022)
- ECMPS Monitoring Plan Beta Release Stakeholder Call (December 20, 2021)
- 2021 Q3 ECMPS Stakeholder Call (September 21, 2021)
- 2021 Q1 ECMPS Stakeholder Call (March 9, 2021)
Frequent questions, including the following are available from the frequent questions page:
- What is ECMPS 2.0?
- How will the new ECMPS change the way facilities report data to EPA?
- Is ECMPS 2.0 available for testing?
- When am I required to use ECMPS 2.0 for reporting?
- What if I need to make resubmissions of data prior to January 2024 after the transition to the new ECMPS?
- Will EPA include the ability create Low Mass Emission (LME) monitoring method emissions files in ECMPS 2.0?
- What about the Mercury Air Toxics Standards (MATS) 2024 or other regulatory changes that require data reporting changes in 2024?
- How can I provide feedback?