You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
Below are results of EPA's biosolid (sewage sludge) biennial reviews which fulfil statutory requirements under the Clean Water Act, Section 405(d)(2)(C), to conduct a review of the 40 CFR Part 503 standards not less than every two years for purposes of regulating new pollutants where sufficient data exist. Biennial Review summaries are included for review cycles 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2013, and 2015.
- Fact Sheet: 2013 and 2015 Biennial Reviews (PDF) (2 pp, 143 K, May 2018, EPA 822-F-18-002)
- Biennial Review 2015 Summary (PDF) (57 pp, 606 K, May 2018, EPA-822-S18-003)
- Biennial Review 2013 Summary (PDF)(75 pp, 720 K, May 2018, EPA-822-S18-002)
- [See Fact Sheet: 2011 Biennial Review ] (March 2015, EPA 822-F-15-001)
- Biennial Review 2011 Summary (PDF) (53 pp, 601 K, February 2015, EPA-830-R-13-009)
- [See Biennial Review 2009 Summary ] (February 2012, EPA-822-R-10-002)
- Biennial Review 2007 Summary (PDF) (38 pp, 262 K, June 2008, EPA-822-R-09-005)
- Biennial Review 2005 Summary (PDF) (45 pp, 385 K, January 2006, EPA-822-R-06-014)
If you have trouble accessing any content in the following documents, please contact Liz Resek (Resek.Elizabeth@epa.gov) or by phone 202-566-1228.You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.