Affected States Notifications in Region 9
Region 9 Tribes that are Affected States under the Title V Permitting Program
Several federal environmental laws authorize EPA to treat eligible federally recognized Indian tribes as a state (TAS) for the purpose of implementing and managing certain environmental programs and functions, and for grant funding. Tribes must apply for and receive EPA approval for each specific program or function.
The map below identifies the federally recognized Indian tribes in Region 9 that have received TAS approvals under section 505(a)(2) of the Clean Air Act as an “affected State” for the title V permitting program. These Tribes must receive notifications regarding title V permitting actions as affected States.
An "affected State" is defined in 40 CFR part 70 as all States:
(1) Whose air quality may be affected and that are contiguous to the State in which a part 70 permit, permit modification or permit renewal is being proposed; OR
(2) That are within 50 miles of the permitted source.
Region 9 CAA Permitting Focus
- Air Permit Delegation Agreements
- Construction Approvals: Radionuclides
- Electronic Permit Submittal System and Dashboards
- Environmental Justice in Permitting
- Title V Program Evaluations
- Tribes that are Affected States under the Title V Permitting Program in Region 9