Chronic Toxicity - Marine and Estuarine WET Methods
Chronic Toxicity to Marine and Estuarine Organisms
This manual describes six short-term (one-hour to nine-day) methods for estimating the chronic toxicity of effluents and receiving waters to five species. These rules do not apply to discharges into marine waters of the Pacific Ocean. The methods are approved under Clean Water Act section 304(h) and specified at 40 CFR 136.3, Table I–A.
The complete manual and individual method documents are provided. The individual methods are included in the manual.
Whole Effluent Toxicity Methods Errata Sheet (pdf)
Corrections and clarifications to three WET methods manuals; promulgated as part of the 2017 Clean Water Act Methods Update Rule (August 28, 2017).
- Short-term Methods for Estimating the Chronic Toxicity of Effluents and Receiving Waters to Marine and Estuarine Organisms; 3rd ed. (pdf)
- 1004.0: Sheepshead Minnow, Cyprinodon variegatus, Larval Survival and Growth Test; Chronic Toxicity (pdf)
- 1005.0: Sheepshead Minnow, Cyprinodon variegatus, Embryo-Larval Survival and Teratogenicity Test; Chronic Toxicity (pdf)
- 1006.0: Inland Silverside, Menidia beryllina, Larval Survival and Growth Test; Chronic Toxicity (pdf)
- 1007.0: Mysid, Mysidopsis bahia, Survival, Growth, and Fecundity Test; Chronic Toxicity (pdf)
- 1008.0: Sea Urchin, Arbacia punctulata, Fertilization Test; Chronic Toxicity (pdf)