Methods Update Rule - 2015
EPA is proposing:
- revised Agency analytical methods
- revised methods published by voluntary consensus standard bodies, such as ASTM International and the Standard Methods Committee
- methods positively reviewed under the Alternate Test Procedures (ATP) program
- changes to clarify the procedures for EPA approval of nationwide and limited use ATPs
- amendments to the procedure for determination of the method detection limit (MDL).
The proposed changes:
- provide increased flexibility to the regulated community, improve data quality, and update the methods, to keep current with technology advances
- clarify the process for requesting limited use or nationwide review of ATPs
- address laboratory contamination issues related to the MDL and better account for intra-laboratory variability.
The public comment period closed on April 20, 2015.
Federal Register Notice (PDF) (February 19, 2015)
For further information on the proposed rule, please contact Adrian Hanley (email@example.com) or 202-564-1564.