Current Effluent Guidelines Program Plan
Final Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 14 (Plan 14) presents early results from new analyses and provides updates on EPA’s reviews of industrial wastewater discharges and treatment technologies discussed in Preliminary Plan 14 (October 24, 2019) including analyses of industrial sources and discharges of nutrients, proposed treatment technology reviews, and the effluent limitations guidelines database.
Plan 14 also provides updates on ongoing point source category studies, including EPA’s decision to conclude the Petroleum Refining category study and the Agency’s planned next steps for the detailed study on the Electrical and Electronic Components category. Plan 14 provides an update on the PFAS Multi-Industry Study, the scope of which includes organic chemical manufacturers, airports, rug and textile manufacturers, pulp and paper mills, and the metal finishing category.
Additionally, EPA is developing:
- revisions to the Centralized Waste Treatment category (40 CFR Part 437) to increase flexibility for facilities that treat produced water from oil and gas extraction wells.
- an upcoming proposed rule to consider BAT limitations for two wastestreams (landfill leachate and legacy wastewater) for the Steam Electric Power Generating category (40 CFR Part 423).
an upcoming advance notice of proposed rulemaking for the Organic Chemicals, Plastics, and Synthetic Fibers category (40 CFR Part 414) to solicit additional information or data about PFAS manufacturers and formulators.
All supporting materials for Plan 14 can be found on EPA’s docket at regulations.gov. The Docket Number is EPA-HQ-OW-2018-0618.
- Final Plan 14 Federal Register Notice (January 11, 2021)
- Documents, including:
- Final Plan 14
- Fact sheet
- User Guide to the Docket (including subject outline)
- Previous Effluent Guidelines Plans
Get involved in EPA’s planning process
For additional information, please contact Phillip Flanders (firstname.lastname@example.org), Project Manager, at 202-566-8323.