Leather Tanning and Finishing Effluent Guidelines
EPA promulgated the Leather Tanning and Finishing Effluent Guidelines and Standards (40 CFR Part 425) in 1974, and amended the regulation in 1977, 1982, 1988 and 1996. The regulatory requirements are incorporated into NPDES permits for direct dischargersdirect dischargerA point source that discharges pollutants to waters of the United States, such as streams, lakes, or oceans., and permits or other control mechanisms for indirect dischargersindirect dischargerA facility that discharges pollutants to a publicly owned treatment works (municipal sewage treatment plant). (see Pretreatment Program).
- Direct Final Rule (PDF)(6 pp, 136 K, About PDF) (July 8, 1996)
- Final Rule: March 21, 1988 (53 FR 9176)
- Final Rule: November 23, 1982 (47 FR 52848)
- Final Rule: March 23, 1977 (42 FR 15696)
- Final Rule: April 9, 1974 (39 FR 12958)
For additional information regarding the Leather Tanning and Finishing Effluent Guidelines, please contact Jesse Pritts, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-566-1038.