EPA ExpoBox: Other Tools
In addition to the step-by-step approach offered by the 6 modules of EPA ExpoBox, risk assessors like yourself may want to use some of these other tools that are in EPA ExpoBox . These include:
- Exposure Factors Handbook - the quintessential reference for performing an exposure assessment. This is the latest edition.
- Search the Exposure Factors Tables - this searchable database includes tables and spreadsheets referenced in the report
- Tutorials - EPA has made available the "exposure assessment" risk assessment training and experience (RATE) modules to the public.
- Unit Conversions - a useful table for quick reference.
- Uncertainty and Variability - Questions and answers to common questions about these two important terms.
These tools can be found in other parts of EPA's web site:
The EPA ExpoBox glossary provides definitions for terms referenced on the EPA ExpoBox website. Definitions were obtained from multiple sources, some of which are indicated in the table below. Sources include the Exposure Factors Handbook: 2011 Edition and the 1992 Guidelines for Exposure Assessment, among others.
Search the EPA ExpoBox Glossary of terms:
Links to other glossaries that define terms related to exposure and risk assessment are provided below, including the glossary developed by the International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS) and the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). These groups joined together to "develop internationally harmonized generic and technical terms used in chemical hazard/risk assessment." IPCS and OECD sought to define both generic terms and terms related to specific technical fields. As part of this effort, the Exposure Assessment Terminology Working Group developed a glossary of exposure assessment terminology to help facilitate communication and promote consistency of language in exposure science.
- EPA’s Guidelines for Carcinogen Risk Assessment
- EPA’s Guidelines for Exposure Assessment
- EPA’s Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) Glossary
- EPA’s Risk Assessment Glossary
- EPA’s Terminology Services: Terms & Acronyms
- Exposure Factors Handbook (2011 Edition) Glossary
- IPCS Risk Assessment Terminology Exit
- USGS Toxic Substances Hydrology Program: Index of Definitions
- Waste & Cleanup Risk Assessment Glossary