Learn about Green Power Market
Below are a series of web pages that explore the history and operations of the US green power market.
- History of Voluntary Markets
- These pages provide a summary of significant milestones in the continuing development of the green power market. There are pages on current market instruments with some international considerations.
- U.S. Electricity Grid & Markets
- These pages provide a basic overview of the US electrical structure, it’s regional grids (and how they are defined differently), difference of grid regions depending on the role of ISO/RTO operators, and provides an overview of existing tracking systems.
- Energy Market Drivers
- These pages describe how voluntary and non-voluntary sources of generation contribute to transforming the market. They provide information and the important scale that each of the different sources of generation contribute to the market and how regulation and voluntary action interact and at times imped reaching common goals.
- Renewable Energy Market Principles
- These pages provide an overview of the major market instruments to track and substantiate emission reductions in the US. Additional guidance on claims associated with your green power use and information on leadership and impact associated with your green power use.