Voluntary Supply Benefits
Conventional electricity generation can be a significant source of air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. Switching to green power can help improve the environmental profile of your electricity use while also providing other valuable benefits. Using green power helps to:
- Support renewable energy development (either directly or indirectly).
- Reduce the carbon footprint associated with your purchased electricity.
- Hedge against future electricity price increases and volatility (for certain products).
For organizational users, green power can:
- Serve as a brand differentiator.
- Generate customer, investor, or stakeholder loyalty and employee pride.
- Create positive publicity and enhance your organization's public image.
- Demonstrate civic leadership.
To learn more about the various methods of purchasing green power, please visit the Green Power Supply Options web page.