EPA’s renewable energy programs are designed to help consumers understand the green power market by providing them with objective information, relevant tools, and resources. The resources include:
- Renewable Energy Project Development Resource Directory
- This searchable directory contains hundreds of useful resources that have been reviewed and vetted by EPA technical experts as the best resources available to understand the issues throughout the renewable energy project development process. Users can filter and sort the resources based on where they are in the development process. The toolbox also provides resources on green power energy sources. New and updated content is continually added to the database.
- EPA’s Green Power Partnership provides a variety of tools relevant to understanding the green power market, including:
- Green Power Supply Options Screening Tool (xlsm) : The EPA Green Power Supply Options Screening Tool is designed to help organizations identify possible green power supply options that are available to them based on their organizational details and federal, state, and utility policies.
- Green Power Equivalency Calculator: This calculator can help your organization better communicate your green power use to interested stakeholders by translating it from kilowatt-hours (kWh) into more understandable terms and concrete examples.
- Green Power Market Documents
- EPA’s Green Power Partnership provides a variety of guidance documents relevant to understanding the green power market.
- Training Videos
- EPA’s Green Power Partnership is developing new educational videos on a variety of topics to help users understand the green power market.
- Throughout this web area and the Green Power Partnership web area, there are terms used to explain policies and actions in the green power market. EPA has created this glossary of terms to help users understand green power market terminology.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- EPA receives questions on all aspects of the green power market. EPA will continue to build out this repository of commonly asked questions and responses to those inquires.