About Region 10's NPDES Permit Program
This page contains information about EPA's NPDES permit program in Region 10, which serves Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington and 271 federally recognized tribes.
Find NPDES Permits in Region 10
EPA issues NPDES permits in Alaska for federally-owned facilities located in Denali National Park; facilities operating outside state waters (three miles offshore); facilities that have been issued Clean Water Act Section 301(h) waivers from secondary treatment standards; and all facilities on tribal lands. The Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation issues all other wastewater permits in Alaska.
- EPA-issued permits in Alaska
- For state-issued permits, visit Alaska Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (APDES) Program.
EPA issues all permits on tribal lands in Idaho.
EPA has transferred permitting authority to Idaho for wastewater discharges within Idaho's jurisdiction. Visit Idaho NPDES Program Authorization for more information.
- EPA-issued permits in Idaho
- For state-issued permits, visit Idaho's wastewater program.
EPA issues all NPDES permits on tribal lands in Oregon. The Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (ODEQ) issues all other permits.
- EPA-issued permits in Oregon
- For state-issued permits, visit ODEQ Water Quality Permits
EPA issues NPDES permits for federally-owned facilities and all permits on tribal lands in Washington. The Washington Department of Ecology (Ecology) issues all other permits.
- EPA-issued permits in Washington
- For state-issued permits, visit Ecology Water Quality Permits.
EPA issues all NPDES permits on tribal lands. See EPA-issued permits within each state listed above.