Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee (PPDC)
The Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee, a broadly representative federal advisory committee, meets with EPA on a regular basis to discuss pesticide regulatory, policy, and program implementation issues.
For more information, contact Dea Zimmerman, (email@example.com), phone is 312-353-6344.
See the pages linked below for the documents associated with each meeting (agenda and presentation materials).
- May 3-4, 2017
- November 2-3, 2016
- May 18-19, 2016
- October 21-22, 2015
- June 5-6, 2014
- December 5-6, 2013 Search EPA Archive
- July 10-11, 2013 Search EPA Archive
- November 29-30, 2012 Search EPA Archive
- May 3-4, 2012 Search EPA Archive
The following workgroup (s) are active. See the pages linked below for the documents associated with each workgroup (agenda and presentation materials).
In addition, at the May 3-4, 2017 PPDC meeting, there was agreement to form a new workgroup to focus on a public health issues. Read the memo on formation of that group. The nomination period will be open until Friday June 2, 2017.
PPDC Workgroups that are no longer active and can be found in the archives
To find the workgroup in archives, copy the workgroup name below and paste it in the Search box in the link below.
These workgroups include:
- 21st Century Toxicology/New Integrated Testing Strategies Workgroup
- Azinphos-Methyl (AZM) Transition Issues Workgroup
- Comparative Safety Statements or Logos for Pesticide Products Labeling Workgroup
- Consumer Pesticide Label Improvement Workgroup
- Integrated Pest Management Workgroup
- Inert Disclosure Stakeholder Workgroup Final Report
- Performance Measures Workgroup
- Pesticide Spray Drift Workgroup
- Pollinator Protection Workgroup
- PRIA Process Improvement Workgroup
- Public Health Workgroup
- Natioinal Bedbug Summit
- 2nd National Bedbug Summit
- Registration Review Workgroup
- Registration Review Implementation Workgroup
- Web-Distributed Labeling Workgroup
- Worker Safety Regulations Workgroup
PPDC, established in 1995, is a forum for a diverse group of stakeholders to provide feedback to EPA on various pesticide regulatory, policy, and program implementation issues.
PPDC typically meets twice a year. All meetings are open to the public. We welcome your input during the public comment session of each meeting or by submitting comments before the meeting or during public comment sessions scheduled each day of the PPDC meetings (see instructions in meeting announcements).
Topics discussed at past meetings include
- Regulatory topics:
- Registration review.
- Reduced risk pesticides.
- Inerts disclosure.
- Fees for service.
- Experimental use permits.
- Environmental marketing claims.
- Pollinator protection.
- Science issues:
- 21st century toxicology.
- Non-animal testing.
- Ecological standards.
- Other topics:
- Integrated pest management.
- Public health issues.
- Spray drift.
- Antimicrobial pesticides.
- Endangered species.
- Minor uses.
- Outreach to the public.
- PPDC's Charter
- Membership includes environmental and public interest groups, pesticide manufacturers, trade associations, commodity groups, public health and academic institutions, federal and state agencies, and the general public.