You are here:
Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards
Congratulations to 2016 Partner of the Year Award Winners
EPA is announcing 24 Safer Choice Partner of the Year winners across 12 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada for outstanding achievement in the design, manufacture, promotion, and use of Safer Choice-labeled products for the nation.
- Learn about the 2016 Partner of the Year Award Winners.
- Learn about previous Partner of the Year Awards.
The 2016 Awards Cycle Has Closed
Thank you to all who submitted applications! Award applicants will receive an email confirming the receipt of their application. Award winners will be announced at a ceremony in late spring of 2016 near Washington, D.C.
The Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards recognize program participants for advancing the goal of chemical safety through exemplary participation in or promotion of the Safer Choice Program. Safer Choice Program participants are continually driving innovation to make chemical products safer. Our program currently labels more than 2,000 products, used by consumers, institutions and industry, that meet our Safer Choice Standard.
Learn more about the 2016 Partner of the Year Awards below.
EPA will present at least one award in each of these five categories:
- Product and Chemical Manufacturers
- Purchasers and Distributors
Within these categories, we may give additional awards in the subcategories of "small business" and "sustained excellence."
You may apply in more than one award category, but must complete individual application packages for each.
Any current or past program participants in the Safer Choice Program are eligible to apply for the awards. Candidates must complete the application form and have it signed by an appropriate company or organization official (e.g., CEO, vice president for governmental affairs, division head, or other authorized signatory).
How to Apply
Applications have closed for the 2016 Awards Cycle.
For the 2016 awards, we will recognize program participants who have demonstrated leadership in:
- furthering safer chemistry and products throughout the past year; and
- promoting the new Safer Choice label.
Program participants that submit complete applications will be evaluated against the following five criteria:
- Participation in the Safer Choice Program
- Use of the Safer Choice label
- Promotion and use of products using the Safer Choice label
- Outreach and education on the Safer Choice Program to consumers and end-users
- Innovations in safer chemistry and other efforts to advance the Safer Choice Program
Responses will be weighted and points assigned based on the applicant/award category. The full evaluation criteria are described in the application form.
More Information About the Awards
For more information on the Partner of the Year Awards, please contact Chen Wen (email@example.com or 202-564-8849).