Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards
Call for Applications: 2018 Award Cycle Now Open
EPA is seeking applications for the 2018 Safer Choice Partner of the Year Awards. These awards recognize the leadership contributions of Safer Choice partners and stakeholders who have shown outstanding achievement in the design, manufacture, promotion, and use of Safer Choice-certified products over the past year. Read the Federal Register notice announcing the 2018 awards.
Candidates should apply for the 2018 Partner of the Year Awards by June 27, 2018. Award winners will be announced at a ceremony in late fall of 2018.
Learn more about the 2018 Partner of the Year Awards:
- Award Categories
- Application Process 101 Webinar
- How to Apply
- Selection Criteria
- More information about the awards
Learn more about previous winners:
- 2017 Partner of the Year Award Winners.
- 2016 Partner of the Year Award Winners.
- 2015 Partner of the Year Award Winners.
EPA will present at least one award in each of these five categories:
- Formulators/product manufacturers of both consumer and institutional/industrial products;
- Purchasers and distributors;
- Supporters (e.g., non-governmental organizations); and
- Innovators (e.g., chemical manufacturers).
Within these categories, we may give additional awards in the subcategories of "small business" and "sustained excellence."
You may apply in more than one award category, but must complete individual application packages for each.
Any current or past program participants in the Safer Choice program are eligible to apply for the awards. Candidates must complete the application form and have it signed by an appropriate company or organization official (e.g., CEO, vice president for governmental affairs, division head, or other authorized signatory).
Application Process 101 Webinar
Watch the Application Process 101 webinar for award applicants for tips on how to apply and a discussion of how the applications are scored.
How to Apply
Complete and submit the application materials by June 27, 2018. The application may be submitted via email to SaferChoice_Support@abtassoc.com. Supplemental documents (e.g., photos, pamphlets, advertisement videos, audio files) may be sent with your application as PDF files (each file must be less than 12 MB). Please refer to the application materials for instructions on how to submit paper copies.
For the 2018 awards, we will recognize program participants who have demonstrated leadership in:
- furthering safer chemistry and products throughout the past year; and
- promoting the Safer Choice label.
Program participants that submit complete applications will be evaluated against the following five criteria:
- Participation in the Safer Choice program
- Use of the Safer Choice label
- Promotion and use of products using the Safer Choice label
- Outreach and education on the Safer Choice program to consumers and end-users
- Innovations in safer chemistry and other efforts to advance the Safer Choice program
Responses will be weighted and points assigned based on the applicant/award category. The full evaluation criteria are described in the application form.
More Information About the Awards
For more information on the Partner of the Year Awards, please contact Linda Rutsch (email@example.com or 202-343-9924).