Impaired Waters and TMDLs in New England - Region 1
Region 1 HOT Topics
- Connecticut’s Jointly-Developed Bantam Lake Nutrient TMDLs and NPS Watershed-Based Plan
- Opti-Tool: EPA Region 1's Stormwater Management Optimization Tool
- Information on the Lake Champlain Phosphorus TMDL [UPDATED]
Find Specific TMDLs and Impaired Waters
What is the 303(d) Vision?
Additional Information and Tools
- Region 1 TMDL and 303(d) Listing Program Contacts
- Region 1 Reports, Selected Regional Projects, and Fact Sheets about TMDLs and Impaired Waters
- Integrated Reporting (IR) Guidance documents
- Summary of State and Regional Water Information (Click on a State/map for its information) [updating in progress]
- Detailed Information on TMDLs and Impaired Waters (Database Query) [updating in progress]
- How's My Waterway?
- ATTAINS database
A TMDL is a clean water - pollutant reduction target, and also allocates an acceptable, allowable amount of each problem pollutant to each source.
The Impaired Waters or 303(d) list documents all of the known polluted water bodies in a state, along
with their pollutant problems (impairments).