Full Contracts and Agreements for Transforming Waste Streams in Communities
Each government agency has its own contracting requirements and process. Check with your City Attorney or County Counsel for guidance on developing any contracts or agreements in your community.
Many of the following links exit the siteExitExamples of actual local government contracts and franchise agreements designed to advance zero waste.
- Franchise Agreement for Multi-Family and Commercial Solid Waste Recyclable Materials, and Organic Materials - 2011 (PDF)(61 pp, 30MB, About PDF)
- Mixed Materials & Organics Collection Services Contract - 2015 (PDF)(131 pp, 10.3MB, About PDF)
- Disposal Services Contract, 2015 (PDF)(54 pp, 3.9MB, About PDF)
Palo Alto, CA
- Agreement for Solid Waste, Recyclable Materials, and Yard Trimmings Collection and Processing - 2008
- Comprehensive Garbage, Recyclables and Compostables Collection Contract, and Rate Modification Amendment - 2012
Santa Clara, CA
- Non-Exclusive Franchise Agreement for Non-Exclusive Hauling of Industrial Refuse and Recyclables - 2016
San Jose, CA
- Commercial Solid Waste and Recyclable Materials Collection Franchises Agreement - 2011 (PDF)(267 pp, 17.8MB, About PDF)
- Agreement for Yard Trimmings Collection and Street Sweeping Services - 2010-2021 (PDF)(229 pp, 2MB, About PDF)
- Agreement for Organics Processing Services [Anaerobic Digestion and Composting] - 2011 (PDF)(106 pp, 47.7MB, About PDF)
Novato Sanitary District, CA
- Novato Sanitary District Agreement for Solid Waste Collection, Processing, Diversion and Disposal, 2011 (PDF)(106 pp, 12.6MB, About PDF)
Neither the United States Government, agencies providing sample contract language nor any of their employees, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed, or represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.