Contact Information for EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality
- Contact Information by Person: If you know the name of the person, the EPA Employee Directory will provide you with that person's phone number, address, and email.
- Contact Information by Topic: You can use our Contacts by Topic to view or print a complete list of contacts for topics covered by EPA's Office of Transportation and Air Quality.
- Media and press inquiries: If you are a reporter, please contact EPA's Office of Public Affairs at 202-564-2880.
- Finding a specific Transportation and Air Quality document: If you cannot find a specific Transportation and Air Quality document on our website,
- Contact the NVFEL Library at 734-214-4311 or email AALibrary@epa.gov; or
- Visit the National Service Center for Environmental Publications website or the EPA National Library Catalog.
- Importing a vehicle to the United States: See our Importing Vehicles and Engines or contact the Imports Hotline at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-214-4100.
- Frequently Asked Questions: See frequently asked questions by topic.
- Students: If you have been given a homework assignment, please visit EPA's website for students: Learning and Teaching about the Environment.
- Topics not covered by OTAQ:
- Car or light-truck safety issues: visit the Department of Transportation’s National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website or call them at 888-327-4236.
- Recycling or disposal of antifreeze, batteries, oil, or tires: visit EPA's Office of Resource Conservation and Recovery's (ORCR) website.
- Motor vehicle air conditioners and CFCs: visit EPA’s Stratospheric Protection Division’s website.
- Report a possible environmental violation: fill out the form at Report Environmental Violations.
New information on OTAQ website
You can submit a question to a specific program from the following list:
- Clean School Bus Program: email@example.com
- Fuels programs: FuelsProgramSupport@epa.gov
- General compliance information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Green Vehicle Guide: email@example.com
- Imports Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MOBILE & MOVES models: email@example.com
- Motorcycle Certification & Compliance: MC-Cert@epa.gov
- Clean Diesel and DERA: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NONROAD model: email@example.com
- OTAQ Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SmartWay Transport Partnership – General questions: email@example.com
- SmartWay Transport Partnership – Technology questions: Tech_Center@epa.gov
- Vehicle Recalls (light-duty cars/trucks): firstname.lastname@example.org
What questions does EPA not answer?
- We cannot endorse specific products or technologies.
- We will not respond to inquiries that use profanities, vulgar language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific ethnic or racial groups, are far off-topic, or make unsupported accusations.