Recent Announcements related to Transportation, Air Pollution, and Climate Change
- September 23, 2021: EPA Releases Travel Efficiency User Guide to evaluate the potential of on-road travel efficiency strategies to change travel behavior and reduce criteria pollutant and greenhouse gas emissions.
- September 15, 2021: EPA Releases Case Study on Air Pollution Reductions for the New York/New Jersey Harbor Deepening Project.
- August 5, 2021: EPA proposes to revise the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions standards for light-duty vehicles for 2023 and later model years to make the standards more stringent.
- August 5, 2021: EPA announces plans to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other harmful air pollutants from heavy-duty trucks through a series of rulemakings over the next three years.
- June 8, 2021: EPA releases the annual Fast Facts document that provides information about U.S. transportation sector greenhouse gas emissions (1990-2019).
- April 30, 2021: EPA announces $5 million in grants available for tribes and insular areas to replace diesel equipment and reduce harmful emissions.
- April 26, 2021: EPA reconsiders a previous withdrawal of a waiver for California’s advanced clean car program (light-duty vehicle greenhouse gas emission standards and zero emission vehicle requirements).
- April 23, 2021: EPA publishes a new case study on Providence Pilot Community-Port Collaboration Project.
- April 20, 2021: EPA awards $10.5 million to clean up 473 school buses in 40 states.
- April 1, 2021: EPA releases a new case study on groundbreaking Clean Air Action Plan (CAAP) for California San Pedro Bay Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach.
- March 23, 2021: EPA finalizes a rule to extend the renewable fuel standard (RFS) program’s compliance deadlines for 2019 and 2020.
- March 11, 2021: EPA posts a "patch" to MOVES3.
- February 22, 2021: EPA announces support of the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals’ 2020 decision in Renewable Fuels Association et al. v. EPA.
- January 15, 2021: EPA determines Renewable Fuels and Air Quality Pursuant to Clean Air Act Section 211(v).
- January 15, 2021: EPA proposes the changes to E15 fuel dispenser labeling requirements.
- January 15, 2021: EPA receives petitions for a waiver of the 2019 and 2020 renewable fuel standards.
- January 15, 2021: EPA proposes two actions to adjust the renewable fuel standard compliance dates.
- January 14, 2021: EPA anticipates awarding approximately $46 million in competitive grant funding under the Diesel Emissions Reductions Act (DERA) National Grants Program to support projects aimed at reducing emissions from the nation's existing fleet of older diesel engines. 2021 DERA National Grants Request for Applications (RFA) open until March 16, 2021.
- January 7, 2021: MOVES3 announced in the Federal Register for official SIP development and transportation conformity purposes.
- January 6, 2021: EPA releases Annual Automotive Trends Report.