The following factsheet provides a brief overview of coastal wetlands.
The following are a sample of toolkits designed to deal with various issues relevant to coastal wetlands. Protection strategies for individual wetland stressors identified in the Coastal Wetland Reviews can be found under Managing Stressors.
- Association of State Wetland Managers Wetlands and Watersheds Protection Toolkit : Materials to help local governments incorporate wetland resource management into municipal planning.
- Environmental Law Institute Wetlands Program : Current information on wetlands policy, regulation, science and management.
- EPA Climate Ready Estuaries | Coastal Adaptation Toolkit: Information and resources about climate change and climate change adaption.
- EPA Watershed Academy: Educational modules about a variety of watershed issues.
- Federal Highway Administration Environmental Review Toolkit | Wetlands and Aquatic Ecosystems: Tools and information to avoid, minimize, and mitigate damage to wetlands, watersheds and coastlines as a result of transportation projects.
- NOAA Office of Coastal Management: Technology, information and management strategies to help state and local government with coastal issues.
- NOAA Coastal & Waterfront Smart Growth: Guidance on the elements of Smart Growth and tools for implementation in coastal and waterfront communities.
- Sea Level Rise Affecting Marshes Model : Visualization of areas of sea level rise inundation.
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science : Information and tools about coastal ocean and estuarine science.