Agriculture Advisor Corner
EPA’s Agriculture Advisor's Office enables two-way communication between EPA and agriculture stakeholders about priority environmental issues. This page provides a place where farmers can hear directly about the Administrator’s regulatory news impacting agriculture. This site also includes examples of environmental programs and partnerships with the agriculture sector.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- Enforcement and Compliance Resources
- Statement Regarding Respiratory Protection Shortages and Reduced Availability of Respirator Fit Testing Related to Pesticide Uses Covered by the Agricultural Worker Protection Standard during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- CDC and OSHA’s Guidance for Meat and Poultry Processing Facilities and Employees.
- Carcass Management of Non-Diseased Animals in Response to the Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)
- Visit EPA’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) website for all information and resources.
- Coronavirus Resources for State, Local and Tribal Agencies and Associations
Ways to Engage with EPA
- EPA’s Regional Agriculture Advisors
- Our office coordinates with each of our ten Regional Offices around the country on issues, activities, and outreach pertaining to agriculture. Each EPA Regional Office is responsible for programs for several states and territories and has its own Regional Agriculture Advisor
- Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance’s National Agriculture Center
- EPA’s Farm, Ranch, and Rural Communities Committee (FRRCC)
- A federal advisory committee which provides independent policy advice, information, and recommendations to the Administrator on a range of environmental issues and policies that are of importance to agriculture and rural communities.
- EPA’s Pesticide Program Dialogue Committee (PPDC)
- A federal advisory committee which meets with EPA on a regular basis to discuss pesticide regulatory, policy, and program implementation issues.
- EPA Science Advisory Board - Agricultural Science Committee
- Provides advice to the chartered Science Advisory Board on matters that have been determined to have a significant direct impact on farming and agriculture-related industries.
- EPA’s Smart Sectors Program
- A partnership program that provides a platform to collaborate with regulated sectors (including agriculture) and develop sensible approaches that better protect the environment and public health.
- EPA's Animal Agriculture Discussion Group
- An informal group of representative stakeholders from the major animal agriculture sectors (pork, poultry, beef, dairy), U.S. Department of Agriculture, academia, and states.