Second Annual Conference on the State of Science on Development and Use of NAMs for Chemical Safety Testing
- Conference Background
- Logistical Details
- Conference Agenda and Materials
- Additional links
EPA’s Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention (OCSPP) and Office of Research and Development (ORD) hosted the First Annual Conference on the State of the Science on Development and Use of New Approach Methods (NAMs) for Chemical Safety Testing on December 10, 2019.
These annual conferences are one of EPA’s commitments as set forth in the "Directive to Prioritize Efforts to Reduce Animal Testing" memorandum Administrator Andrew Wheeler signed on September 10, 2019 calling for the Agency to reduce its use of mammalian studies. More information about the second EPA NAM conference is described below.
- Implementation of Animal Testing Reduction at EPA
- State of the Science in Development of NAMs (Case Studies)
- Addressing Current Limitations in NAMs
- Developing Scientific Confidence in NAMs
The conference will be held October 19-20, 2020
The Conference will be held virtually.
- Alternative Test Methods and Strategies to Reduce Vertebrate Animal Testing
- Efforts to Reduce Animal Testing at EPA
- Directive to Prioritize Efforts to Reduce Animal Testing
- First Annual Conference on the State of the Science on Development and Use of New Approach Methods (NAMs) for Chemical Safety Testing