CMM Cash Flow Model
The Coal Mine Methane Project Cash Flow Model is a web-based tool that allows coal mine operators and owners, project developers, equipment vendors, and other interested parties to evaluate the financial viability of recovering and utilizing CMM from gob wells, abandoned mine drainage wells, or mine ventilation air in one of ten ways:
- Coal Drying
- Flaring – Enclosed
- Flaring – Open
- Mine Boilers
- On-Site Electricity Generation – Engines
- Pipeline Gas
- Compressed Natural Gas (CNG)
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Stand-Alone Ventilation Air Methane (VAM) Oxidation
- Supplemental VAM Oxidation
Version 3.0 of the model updates the previous version by adding the capability to investigate the potential of using CMM in the production of CNG or LNG. In addition, an international version of the model, based on the International System of Units (SI units), is now available to facilitate the evaluation of CMM projects located outside of the U.S.
- Get started by reviewing the User's Guide (June 2016) for step-by-step instructions and explanation of model assumptions.
- Try out the Coal Mine Methane Project Cash Flow Model:
- For domestic projects use the U.S Coal Mine Methane Project Cash Flow Model (XLSM)(1 pg, 437 K, June 2016)
- For international projects use the International Coal Mine Methane Project Cash Flow Model (XLSM)(1 pg, 448 K, June 2016)
NOTE: To use the Cash Flow Model, please choose Save instead of Open and view the file outside of the browser window.
- For questions regarding the model, contact: CMOPmodel@adv-res.com
Note: The model has been designed for use on a PC running a recent Microsoft Windows Operating System and Excel; for example, Microsoft Windows XP and Vista Operating Systems and Excel 2003 or 2007. The current model has not been designed for use on a non-Microsoft Windows Operating System, such as Apple systems.