Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan
Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15 (Preliminary Plan 15) announces the status of EPA's efforts since the publication of Final Plan 14 (January 11, 2021), including the initiation of new rulemakings and detailed studies.
Comments to Preliminary Plan 15 can be submitted at regulations.gov and are due by October 14, 2021.
- the beginning of a rulemaking to revise limitations for the Organic Chemicals, Plastics, and Synthetic Fibers (OCPSF) category to address the discharge of per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) from facilities that manufacture PFAS.
- the initiation of a rulemaking to revise limitations for the Metal Finishing category to address PFAS discharges from chromium plating operations.
- the completion of its detailed study of the Meat and Poultry Products category and initiation of a rulemaking to revise the existing discharge standards for the industry.
- the intention to publish a proposed Supplemental Rulemaking for the Steam Electric Power Generating category.
- the initiation of detailed studies of PFAS discharges from the Landfills and Textile Mills categories.
- Federal Register Notice announcing Preliminary Plan 15 (September 14, 2021)
- Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15 (pdf) (821-R-21-003, September 2021)
- Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15 - Fact Sheet (pdf) (821-F-21-003, September 2021)
- User Guide to the Docket (including subject outline; coming soon)
- Multi-Industry Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Study – 2021 Preliminary Report (pdf) (821-R-21-004, September 2021)
Get involved in EPA’s planning process
For additional information, please contact Phillip Flanders (email@example.com), Project Manager, at 202-566-8323.