Analytical Tools Interface for Landscape Assessments (ATtILA)
ATtILA is an easy to use Esri ArcGIS toolbox created by EPA that calculates many commonly used landscape metrics. It accepts data from a broad range of sources and is equally suitable across all landscapes, from deserts to rain forests to urban areas.
Three Metric Groups are Included in the Toolbox:
- Landscape characteristics: related to land cover proportions and patch metrics (e.g. percent forest cover or number and size of forest patches)
- Riparian characteristics: describe land cover adjacent to and near streams (e.g. percent of crop land within 30 meters of streams)
- Human stressors: concern population, roads, and land use practices (e.g. population change or road/stream crossings)
Once Metrics Have Been Calculated, Three Types of Display Outputs are Available:
- Displays areas ranked by individual metric values
- Ranks areas by a weighted index made up of two or more metrics
- Displays a bar chart of selected areas and metrics
Download the Toolbox
ATtILA for ArcGIS requires ArcGIS 10.0, service pack 4 or later and the Spatial Analyst extension. ATtILA for ArcGIS has been tested on ArcGIS up to version 10.5.1.
ATtILA Toolbox (ZIP) (12 MB, May 2016)