Archives of Fast Facts: U.S. Transportation Sector Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Emissions estimates in the Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks are recalculated each year for the entire time range of the inventory (1990 to present). Estimates for past years are often revised as better methods and data sources become available. To find the most up-to-date estimates of U.S. transportation GHG emissions, please see the current version of Fast Facts (PDF) (5 pp, 376 K, June 2020, EPA-420-F-20-037) or the U.S. GHG Inventory Report.
Previous versions of Fast Facts are available below for reference purposes only.
- 1990-2017 Fast Facts (PDF) (5 pp, 653 K, June 2019, EPA-420-F-19-047)
- 1990-2016 Fast Facts (PDF) (5 pp, 407 K, July 2018, EPA-420-F-18-013)
- 1990-2015 Fast Facts (PDF) (5 pp, 388 K, July 2017, EPA-420-F-17-013)
- 1990-2014 Fast Facts (PDF)(5 pp, 362 K, June 2016, EPA-420-F-16-020)
- 1990-2013 Fast Facts (PDF) (5 pp, 928 K, October 2015, EPA-420-F-15-032)
- 1990-2012 Fast Facts (PDF) (5 pp, 819 K, March 2015, EPA-420-F-15-002)
For older versions of Fast Facts, please search https://www.epa.gov/nscep, using the search terms “Fast Facts Transportation”.