Implementation Training and Assistance for State and Local Air Agencies
- Webinar slides: Proposed Requirements for Implementing the 2015 Ozone Standards - December 7, 2016
- Webinar recording: Proposed Requirements for Implementing the 2015 Ozone Standards - December 7, 2016
- Implementing the 2015 Ozone NAAQS: Find this presentation listed among materials for the Fall 2015 Clean Air Act Advisory Committee (CAAAC) meeting held in Arlington, VA.
- Final SIP Requirements Rule for the 2008 Ozone NAAQS, 2015 Presentation: Provides state and local air management agencies with final rules and guidance for planning to meet the 2008 ozone NAAQS in designated nonattainment areas. The rule also revokes the 1997 8-hour ozone NAAQS in order to provide additional flexibility to areas still working to complete the control requirements of that NAAQS.
- Overview of NAAQS Development and Implementation, 2014 Presentation(38 pp, 2 MB) : Learn about the standards review process, rules for implementing the current standard including anti-backsliding, state implementation plan (SIP) requirements, and current air quality and monitoring information.
- Implementation of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS): Opportunities for Public Participation, 2014 Presentation (PDF)(24 pp, 2300 K, About PDF): Attaining the NAAQS benefits public health, ecosystems, and climate. EPA encourages citizen involvement and public comment on air programs, SIP elements, and local emissions reduction measures.
Other training and assistance
- Ozone Advance Program: promotes local actions to reduce ozone precursors (nitrogen oxides and volatile organic compounds) in attainment areas to help them continue to maintain the ozone NAAQS. It encourages states, tribes, and local governments to take proactive steps to keep their air clean.
- Air Pollution Training Institute (APTI-Learn): state and local air professionals can find free courses and training on topics such as pollution control strategies, air monitoring and data analysis, emissions inventory, and permitting; and earn certificates.