Pollution Prevention Week
How many days until P2 Week 2023?
During Pollution Prevention (P2) Week learn how you can help EPA reduce or prevent pollution in our communities. P2 is any action that reduces, eliminates, or prevents pollution at its source prior to recycling, treatment, or disposal.
Resources For You
You have the power to reduce and prevent pollution. Whether it be limiting the amount of trash you generate, or simply buying products that are safer for the environment, you can make a difference.
What You Can Do
Resources for Businesses
Businesses can save money and prevent pollution by adopting practices that are more environmentally friendly. Follow the links below to find out how P2 can help your business.
- P2 Resources for Business
- Find technical assistance where you live
- Learn how P2 can save your business money while promoting sustainability
- Tools and resources to jump start your sustainable purchasing program
- National Pollution Prevention Roundtable
- Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
EPA P2 Programs
EPA has established programs that help implement P2 practices. Visit each program’s webpage to learn more.
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) Program
- Green Chemistry Program
- Safer Choice Program
- Pollution Prevention/Source Reduction Assistance (SRA) Grant Programs
- Pollution Prevention and the Toxic Release Inventory (TRI)
Join in P2 Events
Check out the Pollution Prevention Timeline to learn more about P2 milestones and accomplishments.