Pollution Prevention Week
During Pollution Prevention (P2) Week, EPA celebrates practices that reduce or prevent pollution from being released into the environment prior to recycling, treatment or disposal.
Check out the Pollution Prevention Timeline to learn more about P2 milestones and accomplishments.
Follow @EPAChemSafety on Twitter during P2 week for exciting announcements.
EPA P2 Programs
EPA has established programs that help implement P2 practices. Visit each program’s webpage to learn more.
- Environmentally Preferable Purchasing (EPP) Program
- Green Chemistry Program
- Safer Choice Program
- Pollution Prevention/Source Reduction Assistance (SRA) Grant Programs
- Pollution Prevention and the Toxic Release Inventory (TRI)
Resources for Businesses
EPA’s P2 program helps businesses adopt practices that are more environmentally friendly and save money. Follow the links below to find out how P2 can help your business.
- P2 Resources for Business
- Find technical assistance where you live
- Learn how P2 can save your business money while promoting sustainability
- Tools and resources to jump start your sustainable purchasing program
- National Pollution Prevention Roundtable
- Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
Resources for Citizens
Citizens have the power to reduce and prevent pollution. Whether it be limiting the amount of trash you generate, or simply buying products that are safer for the environment, you can make a difference.