Ecosystems Research Grants
EPA funds ecosystems research grants to protect ecosystems and the air and water resources that provide numerous benefits for humans and other living things.
Areas of ecosystems research address:
- how air pollution may effect ecosystems;
- protection of natural water resources, including bodies of water as well as their supporting watersheds;
- development of new strategies for managing watersheds and wastewater while reducing water-related energy demands; and
- establishing innovative solutions to address the problem of nutrient pollution in the Nation’s air, water and land.
Ecosystem Research Funding Opportunities:
The following Request for Applications (RFA) is currently open.
Addressing Environmental Concerns in Vieques, Puerto Rico Through Community Participatory Research Request for Application is now open until Apr. 23, 2019. Apply Now
All forms necessary for completing an application are referenced in the RFA and available to download from the Funding Opportunities: How to Apply and Required Forms page.
Recent Ecosystems Research Grants:
These ecosystems research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past ten years.
- Integrating Human Health and Well-Being with Ecosystem Services
- Human and Ecological Health Impacts Associated with Water Reuse and Conservation Practices
- Systems-Based Research for Evaluating Ecological Impacts of Manufactured Chemicals
- Developing High-Throughput Assays for Predictive Modeling of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity Modulated Through the Endocrine System or Pertinent Pathways in Humans and Species Relevant to Ecological Risk Assessment
- Environmental Impact and Mitigation of Oil Spills
For a complete listing of EPA Ecosystems Research Grants: Ecosystems Research Projects.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s National Center for Environmental Research listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv