Air Research Grants
EPA supports air pollution research through research grants in three broad areas:
- Measuring air pollution exposure and effects in humans and ecosystems.
- Delivering innovative tools and technologies to reduce and prevent harmful emissions.
- Delivering modeling, monitoring, measurement metrics and critical science information to make decisions regarding air quality to protect public health and the environment.
Recent Air Research Grants
These air research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past ten years.
- Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildland Fire Smoke Exposures
- Chemical Mechanisms to Address New Challenges in Air Quality Modeling
- Long-term Exposure to Air Pollution and Development of Cardiovascular Disease
- Air, Climate and Energy (ACE) Centers: Science Supporting Solutions
- Particulate Matter and Related Pollutants in a Changing World
- Indoor Air and Climate Change
- Air Pollution Monitoring for Communities
- Anthropogenic Influences on Organic Aerosol Formation and Regional Climate Implications
- Measurements and Modeling for Quantifying Air Quality and Climatic Impacts of Residential Biomass or Coal Combustion for Cooking, Heating, and Lighting
- Developing the Next Generation of Air Quality Measurement Technology
- Dynamic Air Quality Management
- Extreme Event Impacts on Air Quality and Water Quality with a Changing Global Climate
- Source Attribution of Radiative Forcing in Chemical Transport
- Black Carbon's Role In Global To Local Scale Climate And Air Quality
- Exploring New Air Pollution Health Effects Links in Existing Datasets
- Health Effects Institute
- Clean Air Research Centers
For a complete listing of EPA Air Research Grants: Air Research Projects.
Recent Funding Opportunities
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
- Measurement and Monitoring Methods for Air Toxics and Contaminants of Emerging Concern in the Athmosphere
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s Office of Science, Advisor, Policy & Engagement listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv