Air Research Grants
EPA supports research that addresses the public health and environmental impacts of air pollution, considering the complex interplay between air quality, climate change, environmental injustice, and the changing energy and transportation systems. Areas of research include:
- Understanding Air Pollution and Climate Change and Their Impacts on Human Health and the Ecosystem.
- Responding to Risks and Impacts and Preparing for the Future.
All forms necessary for completing an application are referenced in the RFA and available to download from the Funding Opportunities: How to Apply and Required Forms page.
Notice of Intent
The Notice of Intent information is preliminary, is for informational purposes, is subject to change, and applicants must still review the RFA and respond to the content and comply with the requirements described in the RFA when its issued.
This RFA will solicit research to quantify emissions of methane and hazardous air pollutants from landfills and, during the times the emissions are measured, any quantity of methane captured by the landfill gas collection system. Strategies to reduce such emissions across the municipal waste management lifecycle will also be sought. - Opening Soon
There are no open Air RFA's
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
- Measurement and Monitoring Methods for Air Toxics and Contaminants of Emerging Concern in the Atmosphere
- Interventions and Communication Strategies to Reduce Health Risks of Wildland Fire Smoke Exposures
- Chemical Mechanisms to Address New Challenges in Air Quality Modeling
- Long-term Exposure to Air Pollution and Development of Cardiovascular Disease
- Air, Climate and Energy (ACE) Centers: Science Supporting Solutions
- Particulate Matter and Related Pollutants in a Changing World
- Indoor Air and Climate Change
- Air Pollution Monitoring for Communities
- Anthropogenic Influences on Organic Aerosol Formation and Regional Climate Implications
- Measurements and Modeling for Quantifying Air Quality and Climatic Impacts of Residential Biomass or Coal Combustion for Cooking, Heating, and Lighting
- Developing the Next Generation of Air Quality Measurement Technology
- Dynamic Air Quality Management
- Extreme Event Impacts on Air Quality and Water Quality with a Changing Global Climate
- Source Attribution of Radiative Forcing in Chemical Transport
- Black Carbon's Role In Global To Local Scale Climate And Air Quality
- Exploring New Air Pollution Health Effects Links in Existing Datasets
- Health Effects Institute
- Clean Air Research Centers
For a complete listing of EPA Air Research Grants: Air Research Projects.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s Office of Science, Advisor, Policy & Engagement listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv