Safer Chemicals Research Grants
EPA funds safer chemical research grants supporting the development of innovative science to support safer, more sustainable use of chemicals in consumer products and chemicals used for other purposes such as pesticides. Using safer, more sustainable chemicals will help to better protect human and environmental health, including sensitive populations like children, elderly and endangered species.
All forms necessary for completing an application are referenced in the RFA and available to download online. Funding Opportunities: How to Apply and Required Forms
Notice of Intent
The Notice of Intent information is preliminary, is for informational purposes, is subject to change, and applicants must still review the RFA and respond to the content and comply with the requirements described in the RFA when its issued.
Developing and Demonstrating Nanosensor Technology to Detect and Monitor Pollutants
This RFA will solicit research to develop and demonstrate nanosensor technology with functionalized catalysts that have the potential to degrade selected contaminants, in addition to detecting and monitoring pollutants. - Opening Soon
There are no open Safer Chemical RFA's
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
- Development of Innovative Approaches to Assess the Toxicity of Chemical Mixtures Request for Applications
These water research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past ten years.
- Assessment Tools for Biotechnology Products
- Advancing Actionable Alternatives to Vertebrate Animal Testing for Chemical Safety Assessment
- Addressing Environmental Concerns in Vieques, Puerto Rico Through Community Participatory Research
- Advancing Toxicokinetics for Efficient and Robust Chemical Evaluations
- Systems-Based Research for Evaluating Ecological Impacts of Manufactured Chemicals
- Organotypic Culture Models for Predictive Toxicology Center
- New Methods in 21st Century Exposure Science
- Susceptibility and Variability in Human Response to Chemical Exposure
- EPA/NSF Networks for Characterizing Chemical Life Cycle (NCCLCs)
- Development and Use of Adverse Outcome Pathways that Predict Adverse Developmental Neurotoxicity
- Developing High-Throughput Assays for Predictive Modeling of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity Modulated Through the Endocrine System or Pertinent Pathways in Humans and Species Relevant to Ecological Risk Assessment
- Computational Toxicology: Biologically-Based Multi-Scale Modeling
- Increasing Scientific Data on the Fate, Transport and Behavior of Engineered Nanomaterials in Selected Environmental and Biological Matrices
- Environmental Behavior, Bioavailability and Effects of Manufactured Nanomaterials - Joint US – UK Research Program
For a complete listing of EPA Safer Chemicals Research Grants: Safer Chemicals Research Projects.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s Office of Science, Advisor, Policy & Engagement listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv