Safer Chemicals Research Grants
EPA funds safer chemical research grants supporting the development of innovative science to support safer, more sustainable use of chemicals in consumer products and chemicals used for other purposes such as pesticides. Using safer, more sustainable chemicals will help to better protect human and environmental health, including sensitive populations like children, elderly and endangered species.
Recent Safer Chemicals Research Grants:
These safer chemicals research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past ten years.
- Systems-Based Research for Evaluating Ecological Impacts of Manufactured Chemicals
- Organotypic Culture Models for Predictive Toxicology Center
- New Methods in 21st Century Exposure Science
- Susceptibility and Variability in Human Response to Chemical Exposure
- EPA/NSF Networks for Characterizing Chemical Life Cycle (NCCLCs)
- Development and Use of Adverse Outcome Pathways that Predict Adverse Developmental Neurotoxicity
- Developing High-Throughput Assays for Predictive Modeling of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity Modulated Through the Endocrine System or Pertinent Pathways in Humans and Species Relevant to Ecological Risk Assessment
- Computational Toxicology: Biologically-Based Multi-Scale Modeling
- Increasing Scientific Data on the Fate, Transport and Behavior of Engineered Nanomaterials in Selected Environmental and Biological Matrices
- Environmental Behavior, Bioavailability and Effects of Manufactured Nanomaterials - Joint US – UK Research Program
For a complete listing of EPA Safer Chemicals Research Grants: Safer Chemicals Research Projects.
Recent Funding Opportunities:
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s National Center for Environmental Research listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv