Health Research Grants
EPA provides grants and funding to the nation's leading researchers to improve the scientific basis for decisions on health and environmental issues.
Learn more about health research grants in the following areas:
- Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities Research
- Children’s Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Centers
- Healthy Schools Research Grants
- Tribal Environmental Health Research
Health Research Funding Opportunities:
The following Request for Applications (RFA) is currently open.
- Cumulative Health Impacts at the Intersection of Climate Change, Environmental Justice, and Vulnerable Populations/Lifestages: Community-Based Research for Solutions Request for Applications (RFA) - September 16, 2021 - November 16, 2021
All forms necessary for completing an application are referenced in the RFA and available to download from the Funding Opportunities: How to Apply and Required Forms page.
Recent Health Research Grants:
These health research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past ten years.
- Centers for Early Lifestage Vulnerabilities to Environmental Stressors
- Estimating Childrens Soil and Dust Ingestion Rates for Exposure Science
- Contaminated Sites, Natural Disasters, Changing Environmental Conditions and Vulnerable Communities: Research to Build Resilience
- PFAS in Landfills
- Using a Total Environment Framework (Built, Natural, Social Environments) to Assess Life-Long Health Effects of Chemical Exposure
- Integrating Human Health and Well-Being with Ecosystem Services
- Oil and Gas Development in the Appalachian Basin
- NIEHS/EPA Children’s Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Centers
- NIH/EPA Centers of Excellence on Environmental Health Disparities Research
- Healthy Schools: Environmental Factors, Children’s Health and Performance, and Sustainable Building Practices
- New Methods in 21st Century Exposure Science
- Organotypic Culture Models for Predictive Toxicology Center
- Science for Sustainable and Healthy Tribes
- Susceptibility and Variability in Human Response to Chemical Exposure
- NIEHS/EPA 2012 Children's Environmental Health and Disease Prevention Research Centers
- Development and Use of Adverse Outcome Pathways that Predict Adverse Developmental Neurotoxicity
- Transdisciplinary Networks of Excellence on the Environment and Health Disparities
- Developing High-Throughput Assays for Predictive Modeling of Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity Modulated Through the Endocrine System or Pertinent Pathways in Humans and Species Relevant to Ecological Risk Assessment
- Computational Toxicology: Biologically-Based Multi-Scale Modeling
For a complete listing of EPA Health Research Grants: Health Research Projects.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’sOffice of Science, Advisor, Policy & Engagement listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv