Water Research Grants
EPA funds water research grants to develop and support the science and tools necessary to develop sustainable solutions to 21st century water resource problems, ensuring water quality and availability in order to protect human and ecosystem health.
Water Research Funding Opportunities:
The following Request for Applications (RFA) is currently open.
There are currently no funding opportunities.
All forms necessary for completing an application are referenced in the RFA and available to download from the Funding Opportunities: How to Apply and Required Forms page.
Recent Water Research Grants:
These water research grants are currently open or have been awarded within the past ten years.
- Fresh Water Harmful Algal Blooms
- Oil and Gas Development in the Appalachian Basin
- Joint EPA-USDA Funding Opportunity: Agriculture and Food Research Initiative – Water for Agriculture
- National Priorities: Impacts of Water Conservation on Water Quality in Premise Plumbing and Water Distribution Systems
- National Center for Sustainable Water Infrastructure Modeling Research
- Water Quality Benefits
- National Priorities: Life Cycle Costs of Water Infrastructure Alternatives
- Human and Ecological Health Impacts Associated with Water Reuse and Conservation Practices
- National Priorities: Systems-Based Strategies to Improve The Nation’s Ability to Plan And Respond to Water Scarcity and Drought Due to Climate Change
- National Centers for Innovation in Small Drinking Water Systems
- Centers for Water Research on National Priorities Related to a Systems view of Nutrient Management
- Performance and Effectiveness of Green Infrastructure Stormwater Management Approaches in the Urban Context: A Philadelphia Case Study
- Sustainable Chesapeake: A Community-Based Approach to Stormwater Management Using Green Infrastructure
- Extreme Event Impacts on Air Quality and Water Quality with a Changing Global Climate
- Research and Demonstration of Innovative Drinking Water Treatment Technologies in Small Systems
- Sustainable Chesapeake: A Collaborative Approach to Urban Stormwater Management
For a complete listing of EPA Water Research Grants: Water Research Projects
Recent Funding Opportunities:
These funding opportunities are closed for applications. Award recipients have not been announced.
Stay Current on Research Funding Opportunities & Events
Sign up for EPA’s National Center for Environmental Research listserv to receive announcements on new funding opportunities, upcoming research meetings and webinars, and special announcements. Research Grants Listserv