Superfund Redevelopment Program
Redevelopment Economics at Superfund Sites
In 2020, EPA collected data showing that at 632 non-federal facility sites that are in reuse, 9,902 businesses are generating $63.3 billion in sales revenue and employ 227,769 people who earned a combined income of $16.3 billion.
EPA has hundreds of tools that promote Superfund reuse. Some are site-specific. Others focus on specific topics or reuse audiences.
- I am a developer, prospective purchaser or site owner
- I am a local government or community member interested in reuse
- I am interested in industrial and/or commercial use
- I am interested in recreational use
- I am interested in ecological use
- I am interested in agricultural use
- I am interested in residential use
- I am interested in public service use
- I am interested in alternative energy use