Superfund Redevelopment Program
EPA Launches the Superfund Redevelopment Mapper
EPA has launched a first of its kind tool to help stakeholders explore opportunities to reuse land on or near Superfund sites. It provides users with site locations and options for adding data layers that highlight site features and surrounding area characteristics.
Redevelopment Economics at Superfund Sites
In 2020, EPA collected data showing that at 632 non-federal facility sites that are in reuse, 9,902 businesses are generating $63.3 billion in sales revenue and employ 227,769 people who earned a combined income of $16.3 billion.
EPA has hundreds of tools that promote Superfund reuse. Some are site-specific. Others focus on specific topics or reuse audiences.
What is Superfund Redevelopment?
Benefits of Superfund Redevelopment
Training and Tools
- I am a developer, prospective purchaser or site owner
- I am a local government or community member interested in reuse
- I am interested in industrial and/or commercial use
- I am interested in recreational use
- I am interested in ecological use
- I am interested in agricultural use
- I am interested in residential use
- I am interested in public service use
- I am interested in alternative energy use