Environmental Information for the District of Columbia
Air in the District of Columbia
- Approved Air State Implementation Plans for District of Columbia - State Implementation Plans (SIPs) for air qua>lity approved by EPA for the District of Columbia.
- Clean Air Act Permitting in the District of Columbia
- Find Local Indoor Air Quality Champions in the District of Columbia
- Mercury and Air Toxics Standards in the District of Columbia
- MyAir for the District of Columbia - MyAir shows many different kinds of air data for the District of Columbia.
- Near-real-time radiation data from monitors located in the District of Columbia.
- Status of SIP Requirements for Designated Areas in District of Columbia - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plans) requirements for designated areas in the state not meeting one of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards (NAAQS).
- Status of State SIP Infrastructure Requirements for District of Columbia - Information about the status of SIP (State Implementation Plan) submittals and EPA actions on the submittals to meet the SIP infrastructure requirements for each pollutant.
- View Current and Forecast Air Quality Index - Real-time map of today's air quality forecast for the District of Columbia on AirNow.gov.
Air in the Mid-Atlantic
- Clean Air Act Permitting in EPA's Mid-Atlantic Region
- Community Air Monitoring Where You Live
- Radon Measurements Map
- Status of Region 3 Title V Operating Permit Programs
- Title V Evaluations in Region 3 - Information about good practices implemented by the state/local agency, areas needing improvement within the state/local program, and ways in which EPA can improve its own oversight role of Title V.
- Title V Operating Permit Public Petition Deadlines - Shows Title V permits submitted to EPA and undergoing EPA’s 45-day review. It also shows dates for the public’s 60-day petition period following EPA’s review.
Water in the District of Columbia
- Anacostia Watershed (Washington, DC/Maryland)
- Annual Drinking Water Compliance Report of District of Columbia - These reports from your water supplier are for any violations of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Annual Drinking Water Quality Reports for Washington, D.C.- These reports from your water supplier tell you where your water comes from and what’s in it.
- DC Utilizes Green Infrastructure to Manage Stormwater
- Nonpoint Source Success Stories: District of Columbia
- Stories of Progress in Achieving Healthy Waters in the District of Columbia
- Water Quality Standards Regulations: Washington, DC
- Information on water quality in DC
Water in the Mid-Atlantic
- Chesapeake Bay TMDL
- Clean Water State Revolving Fund Can Work for Agriculture: Sharing Stories of Success
- Climate Ready Estuaries Partner Projects in Region 3
- Find Information about Your Beach
- Fish Advisories Where You Live / Search - Search for fish advisories by entering a state or waterbody name.
- Healthy Watersheds Projects in Region 3
- Impaired Waters and TMDLs in Region 3
- Managing Ocean Dumping in EPA Region 3
- Natural Gas Extraction - Hydraulic Fracturing
- Oil and Gas Extraction in the Mid-Atlantic
- Region 3 Actions to Address Climate Change Impacts on Water
- Restoration of the Chesapeake Bay
- Underground Injection Control in EPA Region 3 (DE, DC, MD, PA, VA, and WV)
- Explore your local waterways with How's My Waterway
Cleanups in the District of Columbia
- Federal Facilities on the National Priorities List (NPL) in the District of Columbia
- List of Superfund Sites in the District of Columbia
- Map of all cleanups in the District of Columbia
- MyLand for the District of Columbia - MyLand provides links to information about Brownfields, Superfund, Hazardous Waste and Cleanups in Delaware.
Cleanups in the Mid-Atlantic
Other in the District of Columbia
- Agency in District of Columbia that regulates pesticides
- Compliance Dashboards for the District of Columbia. The Dashboards provide an easy-to-use summary of activities to answer questions like: which facilities are regulated, how many have been inspected or otherwise evaluated, and how many have alleged violations and have been subject to enforcement.
- District of Columbia State Review Framework - The State Review Framework is used to assess EPA and state enforcement of the Clean Water Act (CWA), the Clean Air Act (CAA), and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
- MyClimate for the District of Columbia - MyClimate shows greenhouse gas emissions by sector and other kinds of climate data for the District of Columbia.
- MyCommunity for the District of Columbia - MyCommunity shows local environmental events, green features, shout-outs and other local information for the District of Columbia.
- MyEnergy for the District of Columbia - MyEnergy shows energy consumption, production, facilities, information about saving energy, green power and other energy information in the District of Columbia.
- MyEnvironmentalReports for the District of Columbia - MyEnvironmentalReports provides links to in-depth environmental reports in the District of Columbia.
- MyHealth for the District of Columbia - MyHealth provides health-related information for the District of Columbia.
- MyMaps for the District of Columbia - MyMaps provides an online map to show many kinds of environmental data using several different options for the District of Columbia.
Other in the Mid-Atlantic
- Envirofacts Multisystem Search - The Envirofacts Multisystem Search allows you to search multiple environmental databases for facility information, including toxic chemical releases, water discharge permit compliance, hazardous waste handling processes, Superfund status, and air emission estimates. You may limit your search to a geographic location such as zip code, city, county or state.
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Database - The Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Database provides information about EISs prepared by federal agencies, as well as EPA's comments concerning the EISs. You may search for EISs in your state from this page.
- Environmental Justice in Your Community
- Grants for your Region: Information that is specific to EPA Region 3
- MyProperty - MyProperty provides a report on a specific property using its street address from multiple EPA databases.
- Region 3: Children’s Environmental Health in the Mid-Atlantic States
- Surface Coal Mining in Appalachia
- TRI Explorer - The Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) is a resource for learning about toxic chemical releases and pollution prevention activities reported by industrial and federal facilities. You can explore data and search for releases by geographic location.