How to Report Quarterly and Annually for Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS)
New Procedures for RFS Compliance Reporting Coming Soon
Starting Thursday, October 25, 2018, organizations will be able to use e-Signature to sign the Copy of Record for EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS) transactions. Organizations will NO LONGER be required to upload the following files into the Fuels Reporting system (DCFUEL) beginning with 2018 Quarter 4 Reporting:
RIN Generation Report: A report that includes details on the batches of RINs that a reporting party generated during the quarter.
RIN Transaction Report: A report that includes details on the Buy, Sell, Separate, and Retire transactions a reporting party submitted during the quarter.
The deadline for 2018 Quarter 4 reporting is March 31, 2019. For a Job Aid on this task, see: How to Use e-Signature to Sign RIN Transaction Reports in EMTS.
STEP 1: Determine whether the submitter has access to report.
A user must be registered and assigned the proper roles to submit reports.
Click here for more information: Registering as a New User
STEP 2: Determine deadlines.
Reports are submitted either quarterly or annually.
View Reporting deadlines for Fuel Programs.
(Renewable fuel producers and importers)
- RFS0104: RFS Activity Report
- RFS0601: RFS Renewable Fuel Producer Supplemental Report
- RFS0701: RFS Renewable Fuel Producer Co-products Report
- RFS0801: RFS Renewable Biomass Report
- RFS0901: RFS Production Outlook Report
- RFS1400: Reporting Fuels under 80.1451(b)(1)(ii)(T)
- RFS1500: Reporting Fuels under 80.1451(b)(1)(ii)(T) — Finished Fuel Blending
- RFS1600: Reporting Fuels under 80.1451(b)(1)(ii)(T) — Blender Contact
- RFS2500: RFS Efficient Producer Data Report
- RFS2700: RFS Cellulosic Biofuel Producer Questionnaire
- EMTS: RFS RIN Generation Report
- EMTS: RFS RIN Transaction Report
Obligated Parties and Renewable Fuel Exporters
(Producers and importers of gasoline and diesel and exporters of renewable fuel)
Read the user guide for submitting reports: User guides for OTAQDCFUEL