An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

Fuels Registration, Reporting, and Compliance Help

Reporting for Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS)

Parties that participate in the Renewable Fuel Standard are required to comply with two types of reporting.

Reporting RIN Transactions in EMTS

The EPA Moderated Transaction System (EMTS) is used by regulated parties to manage Renewable Identification Number (RIN) transactions under the Renewable Fuel Standard.

Reporting Quarterly and Annually

Fuel producers, importers, and all parties that own RINs are required to report quarterly and/or annually to comply with the RFS program.