An official website of the United States government.

We've made some changes to If the information you are looking for is not here, you may be able to find it on the EPA Web Archive or the January 19, 2017 Web Snapshot.

Fuels Registration, Reporting, and Compliance Help

Reporting for Fuel Programs

Important Announcement!

EPA released enhancements to OTAQREG on Monday, June 25, 2018. For information, please see:

Scheduled Enhancements to OTAQREG and Revised Procedures for RCOs

On this page:

Attest Engagements

Fuel producers and importers are required to submit attestation engagements annually to comply with 40 CFR Part 80.

Diesel Programs

Annual and quarterly reporting for Diesel Programs have been phased out. This page provides the report forms for resubmissions, information for sulfur test facilities, and other requirements for producers and importers of diesel fuel.

Fuel and Fuel Additive Registrations (FFARs)

Manufacturers and importers of fuels and fuel additives must submit quarterly and/or annual reports to maintain their registrations under 40 CFR Part 79.

Gasoline Programs

Producers and importers of reformulated gasoline (RFG), RFG blendstock for oxygenate blending (RBOB), conventional gasoline, or conventional gasoline blending components (CBOB) are required to report quarterly and/or annually to comply with 40 CFR Part 80. 
Participants in the Fuels Averaging, Banking, and Trading (ABT) credit program must report credit transaction in EMTS.

Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS)

Gasoline and diesel refiners and importers, most renewable fuel producers and importers, and all parties who own RINs are required to report in two ways to comply with the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) program:

Quarterly or Annual Reporting

RIN Transaction Reporting in EMTS

Top of Page