Natural Gas and Petroleum Systems
It is EPA's standard process to update the Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks (GHG Inventory) when relevant new and improved data are available. In recent years, as improved data have become available, EPA has updated methods and data sources for calculating greenhouse gas emissions for several sources in the natural gas and petroleum sectors.
See below for information regarding EPA estimates of greenhouse gas emissions from natural gas and petroleum systems in the annual GHG Inventory.
Archives: Previously Posted Memos and Other Information on Stakeholder Engagement
- 1990-2016 Inventory (published April 2018)
- 1990-2015 Inventory (published April 2017)
- 1990-2014 Inventory (published April 2016)
- 1990–2013 Inventory (published April 2015)
- 1990–2012 Inventory (published April 2014)
- 1990–2011 Inventory (published April 2013)
- GRI/EPA 1996: Methane Emissions from the Natural Gas Industry
- Radian 1999: Methane Emissions from the U.S. Petroleum Industry