What You Can Do: In your Classroom
Online educational resources from EPA and other federal agencies
Teachers and students can work to reduce and prevent nutrient pollution in their communities. Check out these resources for use in the classroom.
- Healthy Watersheds
Information about projects related to watersheds and water quality protection.
- National Estuaries Teacher webpage
- Wetlands Education
- "After the Storm" Television Special
A half-hour television special about watersheds produced by EPA and The Weather Channel.
- Watershed Academy
The Watershed Academy offers a variety of training resources on watershed-related issues including self-paced training modules, webcasts, live training courses and certification.
- Sources of Nitrogen and Phosphorus Pollution
- Solution to Nitrogen and Phosphorus Pollution
- Non-point Source Articles and Activities for Middle School Students
- Nonpoint Source Kids Page
- Ideas for Science Fair Projects About Surface Water Quality
Bring attention to surface water quality problems by exploring some of these science fair project ideas.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Non-point Source Pollution Kit Information for teachers on non-point source pollution
- U.S. Geological Survey Water Resources Information for Students and Teachers Educational materials for various ages and grades.
Educational resources from non-government organizations
- Classroom Earth Exit
Links to the top environmental education resources from the National Environmental Education Foundation.
- Educating Young People About Water Exit
Site resources include a database of water education curricula and guides to help educators develop water education programs.
- Earth GaugeTM Exit
Earth Gauge is a free environmental information service for broadcast meteorologists in major US media markets, based on the three to five day forecast. The service is designed to make it easy to talk about the links between weather and the environment on-air with simple factoids and viewer action tips. Includes an interactive learning module on watersheds.
- North American Association for Environmental Education Exit
Learn about the activities of a very active and knowledgeable environmental education association.