Air, Climate and Energy (ACE) Centers Kick-off Meeting and Webinar
Date and TimeThursday 09/15/2016 1:00PM to 8:00PM EDT
The three grants were funded to research the effects of global climate change, technology and societal choices on air quality and health. This research will help inform policymakers at the local, state and national levels. The centers are researching innovative approaches to enable effective implementation of air pollution control strategies to achieve the greatest public health benefits by reducing exposure to harmful air pollution. The 2015 ACE Centers grantees will give presentations on their proposed research and will be joined by various guest speakers from universities and EPA.
These projects are funded through EPA’s Office of Research and Development (ORD), National Center for Environmental Research (NCER), in cooperation with EPA's Air, Climate, and Energy (ACE) Research Program. The ACE Research Program provides useful science and tools to investigate regional differences in air pollution and the effects of global climate change, technology, and societal choice on local air quality and health. The research is intended for decision makers at the federal, regional, state and community levels.
For those unable to attend the meeting in person, presentations will be live-streamed via Adobe Connect. Additional details, including the webinar URL, will be emailed to attendees following registration.
- ACE Centers
- ACE Centers - Alan Vette (6 pages, 9/15/2016)
- Center for Air, Climate and Clean Energy Solutions (CACES) - Carnegie Mellon/ Univ of Washington (46 pages, 9/15/2016)
- Getting the Story Right: Evidence Based Media for Translating Science into Action - Sabrina McCormick (21 pages, 9/15/2016)
- Solutions for Energy, Air, Climate and Health (SEARCH) - Yale/ Hopkins (27 pages, 9/15/2016)
- Energy Modeling Capabilities in ORD’s Air, Climate and Energy (ACE) Program - Rebecca Dodder (28 pages, 9/15/2016)
- The Ins and Outs of Implementing the NAAQS - Michelle Becker (19 pages, 9/15/2016)
- Regional Air Pollution Mixtures: The past & future impacts of emissions controls (73 pages, 9/15/2016)
- Simulating & Analyzing Long-Term Changes in Emissions, Air Quality, Aerosol Feedback Effects & Human Health (6 pages, 9/15/2016)
- OAQPS Perspectives on the ACE Centers - Bryan Hubbell (18 pages, 9/15/2016)