Asbestos Small Business Ombudsman
The Asbestos Small Business Ombudsman (ASBO) serves as a conduit for small businesses to access EPA and facilitates communications between the small business community and the Agency. The ASBO advocates for small business issues, partners with state Small Business Environmental Assistance Programs (SBEAPs), EPA Regional Small Business Liaisons (RSBLs) trade associations, EPA headquarters and regional offices, the Small Business Administration (SBA) and other federal agencies to reach out to the small business community.
Open OSDBU Grant Solicitation
The following grant solicitation entitled, “Support and Management of the Nationalsbeap.org Website and 507 Program”, is now open and accepting applications from eligible entities. Please go to Grants.gov to apply for this grant solicitation (RFA #: EPA- OA-OSDBU-20-01). You may view this solicitation’s Request for Application document here(24 pp, 100 K) . RFA Questions and Answers – As of February 13, 2020 (PDF) (2 pp, 185 K, About PDF).
Specific ASBO Services
- Liaison between EPA and the small business community
- Advocate for small business during the EPA rulemaking process
- Provide technical assistance to small businesses
- Support national network of Small Business Environmental Assistance Programs (SBEAPs) - National SBEAP Website Exit
- Operating a toll free hotline for the convenience of small businesses and the general public, seeking free, confidential help as it relates to a variety of environmental regulatory topics. The toll-free hotline number is: (800) 368-5888 or (202) 566-1970 (in DC area).
Paula Hoag, Asbestos and Small Business Ombudsman
EPA Small Business Ombudsman
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20460
Mail Code: 1230T