EasyRSEI is now an easy-to-use web dashboard that you can access through your browser with no download required. EasyRSEI contains results for the kinds of releases modeled by EPA's Risk-Screening Environmental Indicators (RSEI) model for Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) reporting years (2007-2018). A separate all-years dashboard is available for users interested in all years of data.
With the EasyRSEI dashboard you can:
- View preformatted graphs and charts.
- Filter the TRI data by EPA Region, state, year, industry, NAICS, or chemical.
- View results by score, cancer score, noncancer score, hazard or TRI pounds.
- Print or save preformatted reports based on data selection.
- View and select facilities on a map.
- Export screenshots and data tables based on your selections.
- Look at off-site transfers by origin facility or receiving facility, including international receiving facilities.
This version of EasyRSEI contains results from RSEI Version 2.3.8. Each new version of RSEI (and EasyRSEI) incorporates the latest Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data, as well as changes to the input data and the methodology used to process the data and calculate the results.
Results in EasyRSEI
EasyRSEI contains a number of different results, including:
- RSEI Modeled Pounds
- RSEI Modeled Hazard
- RSEI Score
- RSEI Score-Cancer
- RSEI Score-Noncancer
- TRI Pounds
- RSEI Hazard
- RSEI Hazard-Cancer
- RSEI Hazard-Noncancer
The results in EasyRSEI are aggregated to the facility/release level based on where the results originate (the reporting facility); results for a city or ZIP code include any releases or transfers from facilities in that city or ZIP code, even if those releases result in exposure in another city or ZIP code. RSEI also releases Geographic Microdata (RSEI-GM) results, which aggregate the results based on where the modeled exposure occurs. The RSEI Geographic Microdata page provides more information and instructions on downloading the Geographic Microdata.
For more information on each kind of result, see understanding RSEI results.
You may separately download the supporting information, including the methodology, the toxicity spreadsheet, the pchem spreadsheet, and the technical appendices on the RSEI documentation and help page. EasyRSEI online help is also available.
What is new in RSEI Version 2.3.8
Each new version of RSEI incorporates the latest TRI data, as well as changes to the input data and the methodology used to process the data and present the results. The following changes were made in Version 2.3.8:
- Includes TRI Reporting Years 1988-2018.
- Toxicity weights have been updated with the most recent toxicity data.
- The off-site database has been improved, with more precise locations for bigger off-site facilities, and better matching of facilities. Reported FRS identifiers are also included along with matched FRS identifiers.
- Stack parameters have been improved. Data from the 2014 NEI is used along with the 2005, 2008, and 2011 NEI inventories. An improved NEI-TRI facility crosswalk is now used.
- Chromium speciation data for individual facilities and NAICS-code level medians have been updated, based on the 2014 NEI database.
- Exposure factors are updated for consistency with the 2019 update to the Exposure Factors Handbook.