The following links exit the site Exit
EPA is reviewing and commenting on periodic reviews and proposed modifications to water quality standards, including flow criteria, in the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary Water Quality Control Plan (Bay-Delta WQCP). The State Water Resources Control Board is updating standards in the Bay-Delta WQCP two phases. Phase 1 addresses freshwater flows for the protection of aquatic life in the lower San Joaquin River and three tributaries, the Stanislaus, Merced, and Tuolumne Rivers as well as salinity limits for the protection of agriculture in the southern Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta. Phase 2 also called the "comprehensive update," addresses freshwater flow conditions in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta, its tributaries, and Suisun Bay to reverse population declines of commercial, recreational, and forage fisheries and broadly improve conditions for aquatic resources.
EPA Comment Letters
February 23, 2017: EPA Comments on the Phase 2 Scientific Basis Report (PDF)(7 pp, 393 K,
EPA Comments on California State Water Resources Control Board's 'Working Draft Scientific Basis Report for New and Revised Flow Requirements on the Sacramento River and Tributaries, Eastside Tributaries to the Delta, Delta Outflow, and Interior Delta Operations' (Scientific Basis Report).
- December 29, 2016: EPA Comments on Phase 1 Recirculated Substitute Environmental Document (PDF)(6 pp, 1 MB, 12/29/2016)
- March 28 2013: EPA Comments on the Bay Delta Water Quality Control Plan; Phase 1; Substitute Environmental Document (PDF)(10 pp, 7 MB)
- December 11, 2012: EPA Comments on Comprehensive Review of the Bay Delta Water Quality Control Plan (PDF)(6 pp, 7 MB)
- August 17 2012: EPA Comments on Bay-Delta Workshop 1 – Ecosystem Changes and the Low Salinity Zone (PDF)(9 pp, 138 K)
- April 25 2012: EPA Scoping comments for the review of the 2006 Water Quality Control Plan (PDF)(3 pp, 166 K)
- June 12 2009: EPA Comments on 2009 Periodic Review Staff Report (PDF)(5 pp, 60 K)
- March 19 2009: EPA Comments on South Delta Salinity and San Joaquin River Flow Notice of Preparation (PDF)(3 pp, 33 K)
- June 22, 1998: EPA Participation in State Water Board Process (PDF)(13 pp, 350 K, June 22, 1998)
- September 26, 1995: USEPA Approval of the 1995 Bay-Delta WQCP (PDF)(5 pp, 3 MB, September 26, 1995)
- September 21, 1995: Technical Memo Supporting EPA Approval of Bay-Delta WQCP.pdf (PDF)(36 pp, 19 MB, September 21, 1995)
- September 3, 1991Partial Approval-Disapproval of Bay-Delta WQCP.pdf (PDF)(13 pp, 279 K, September 3, 1991)