Operating Permits Issued under Title V of the Clean Air Act
Congress established the Title V Operating Permit program as part of the 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments.
Environmental Justice in Air Permitting
In order to fulfill the directives in the Executive Order on Tackling the Climate Crisis at Home and Abroad and the Executive Order on Protecting Public Health and the Environment and Restoring Science to Tackle the Climate Crisis, EPA will commit to advancing environmental justice in permitting by expanding upon existing best practices for considering environmental justice in permitting.
- Environmental Justice in Air Permitting Principles
- EJ 2020 Action Agenda: EPA's Environmental Justice Strategy
- EPA Legal Tools to Advance Environmental Justice
- Interim Environmental Justice and Civil Rights in Permitting Frequently Asked Questions
- Plan EJ 2014: Considering Environmental Justice in Permitting