TRI Basic Data Files: Calendar Years 1987 - 2017
EPA has been collecting Toxcs Release Inventory (TRI) data since 1987. Each "Basic" data file accessible from this webpage contains the 100 most-requested data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A. The data in these files are presented in .csv (comma-separated value) format.
Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams, while all other chemicals are reported in pounds. For descriptions of each data element and other details about the contents and use of these files, see the TRI Basic Data File Documentation. The TRI Reporting Forms and Instructions document is also a helpful reference.
In each "Basic" data file, you'll find:
- Facility name, address, latitude and longitude coordinates, and industry sector codes
- Chemical identification and classification information
- Quantities of chemicals released on site at the facility
- Quantities of chemicals transferred to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs)
- Quantities of chemicals transferred off site to other locations for release/disposal and further waste management
- Quantities of chemicals managed through disposal, energy recovery, recycling and treatment; non-production-related waste quantities; production/activity ratio
Select the 2017 TRI Preliminary Dataset or
a year from the options below, choose the desired file from the dropdown menu, and click "Go."
This webpage contains the most recent versions of all TRI data files; facilities may revise previous years' TRI submissions if necessary, and any such changes will be reflected in these files. For this reason, data contained in these files may differ from data used to construct the TRI National Analysis.