TRI Pollution Prevention (P2) Resources
Resources are available to assist industrial facilities with reporting pollution prevention (P2) information to the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Program, accessing and analyzing P2 data, promoting P2 best practices, and understanding TRI P2 data. Resources will be added to this page as they become available.
TRI P2 Overview
- TRI P2 Factsheet: A general factsheet about TRI P2 data.
- TRI P2 Data Overview: Summary of available TRI P2 data and discussion of the increase in the amount of P2 data reported by facilities from 2011 to 2018.
Reporting P2 to TRI
- TRI Source Reduction Reporting Fact Sheet: Answers to common questions about the reporting of required and optional information on annual TRI forms.
- TRI P2 Reporting Tip Sheet: Overview for facilities of the benefits of reporting P2 activities to the TRI Program and guidance on how to describe P2 activities in Section 8.11 of the TRI Form R.
- TRI P2 Reporting Tutorials: Guidance on how to calculate a production or activity ratio (section 8.9), how to report source reduction activities (section 8.10) and how to provide additional details on P2 achievements or other TRI aspects (section 8.11 and 9.1).
- How to Access P2 Data Reported to TRI Using the P2 Search Tool: 14-minute video describing query options, the facility P2 profile report, and the parent company comparison report.
- How to Conduct an Industry Sector P2 Analysis: Step-by-step guide focused on industry analysis using the TRI P2 Search Tool.
- How to Find a Facility Implementing P2 Activities: Step-by-step guide focused on using the TRI P2 Search Tool to identify facilities that have reported source reduction activities.
- TRI P2 and Suppliers: General information on the value of greening supply chains and how to query for supplier-related text entries.
- TRI P2 and Automotive Suppliers: Supplier information specific to the automotive industry sector.
- How to identify and compare P2 performance at the facility and corporate level: Presentation slides and recording from February 2015 webinar.
Video about a Minneapolis-based bakeware manufacturer that uses TRI data to identify ways to reduce the use of certain toxic chemicals in its processes and finished products. October 2016.
Video for TRI reporting facilities on the benefits of reporting pollution prevention information to TRI, with perspectives from industry and EPA. February 2015.