TRI Pollution Prevention (P2) Resources
Resources are available to assist industrial facilities with reporting pollution prevention (P2) information to the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Program, accessing and analyzing P2 data, promoting P2 best practices, and understanding TRI P2 data. Resources will be added to this page as they become available.
- TRI P2 Factsheet: A general factsheet about TRI P2 data.
- TRI P2 Data Overview: Summary of available TRI P2 data and discussion of the increase in the amount of P2 data reported by facilities from 2010 to 2016.
Reporting P2 to TRI
- TRI P2 Reporting Tip Sheet: Overview for facilities of the benefits of reporting P2 activities to the TRI Program and guidance on how to describe P2 activities in Section 8.11 of the TRI Form R.
- TRI P2 Reporting Tutorials: Guidance on how to calculate a production or activity ratio (section 8.9), how to report source reduction activities (section 8.10) and how to provide additional details on P2 achievements or other TRI aspects (section 8.11 and 9.1).
- How to Access P2 Data Reported to TRI Using the P2 Search Tool: 14-minute video describing query options, the facility P2 profile report, and the parent company comparison report.
- How to Conduct an Industry Sector P2 Analysis: Step-by-step guide focused on industry analysis using the TRI P2 Search Tool.
- How to Find a Facility Implementing P2 Activities: Step-by-step guide focused on using the TRI P2 Search Tool to identify facilities that have reported source reduction activities.
- TRI P2 and Suppliers: General information on the value of greening supply chains and how to query for supplier-related text entries.
- TRI P2 and Automotive Suppliers: Supplier information specific to the automotive industry sector.
- How to identify and compare P2 performance at the facility and corporate level: Presentation slides and recording from February 2015 webinar.
- The Utility of the TRI in Tracking Implementation and Environmental Impact of Industrial Green Chemistry Practices in the United States InTech, 2018Exit
- Understand pollution, environmental impacts from food in 6 charts GreenBiz, 2016 Exit
- How a competitor's data can help your company cut pollution GreenBiz, 2016Exit
- On the design of safer chemicals: a path forward Green Chem., 2016,18, 4332-4347Exit
- The Impact of Pollution Prevention on Toxic Environmental Releases from U.S. Manufacturing Facilities Environ. Sci. Technol., 2015, 49 (21), pp 12951–12957 Exit
- Can pollutant release and transfer registers (PRTRs) be used to assess implementation and effectiveness of green chemistry practices? A case study involving the Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) and pharmaceutical manufacturers Green Chem., 2015,17, 2679-2692Exit
- Using Data for Collaborative Action: At Industrial Facilities: Video about a Minneapolis-based bakeware manufacturer that uses TRI data to identify ways to reduce the use of certain toxic chemicals in its processes and finished products. October 2016.
- Reporting Pollution Prevention to TRI: Video for TRI reporting facilities on the benefits of reporting pollution prevention information to TRI, with perspectives from industry and EPA. February 2015.