TRI Basic Data Files: Calendar Years 1987-Present
- Includes reporting forms processed as of: May 17, 2023
EPA has been collecting Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) data since 1987. Each "Basic" data file contains the 100 most-used data fields from the TRI Reporting Form R and Form A Certification Statement. The files are presented in .csv (comma-separated value) format.
Choose a year and geographic area, then "download."
Note: data from federal facilities and facilities on tribal lands are included in all files, but can also be downloaded separately by choosing those files in the dropdown menu.
- Facility name, address, latitude and longitude coordinates, and industry sector codes
- Chemical identification and classification information
- Quantities of chemicals released on site at the facility
- Quantities of chemicals transferred to Publicly Owned Treatment Works (POTWs)
- Quantities of chemicals transferred off site to other locations for release/disposal and further waste management
- Quantities of chemicals managed through disposal, treatment, energy recovery, and recycling; quantities of non-production-related waste managed; and information on production/activity ratio
File Documentation and Help
- Basic Data File Documentation: descriptions of each data element and other details about the contents and use of the files.
- TRI Reporting Instructions: detailed explanations of each section of the reporting form.
- Email us your question or comment
- Quantities of dioxin and dioxin-like compounds are reported in grams, while all other chemicals are reported in pounds.
- This webpage contains the most recent versions of all TRI data files; facilities may revise previous years' TRI submissions if necessary, and any such changes will be reflected in these files. For this reason, data contained in these files may differ from data used to construct the annual TRI National Analysis.