PLEASE NOTE: The TRI Program is currently reviewing and updating the instruction documents on this page. In the meantime, if you have any questions about using the downloadable TRI data files, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience.
These documents describe field-by-field contents of the eight files which collectively contain all of the data reported on the TRI Reporting Form R or Form A Certification Statement.
The types of data in TRI Basic Plus Data Files:You may need Adobe Reader to view files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- File Type 1 (Facility, Chemical, Releases and Other Waste Management Summary Information) (PDF)(41 pp, 477 K, 8/1/17)
- File Type 2a (Detailed Source Reduction Activities and Methods) (PDF)(31 pp, 434 K, 2/15/18)
- File Type 2b (Detailed On-Site Waste Treatment Methods and Efficiency) (PDF)(26 pp, 377 K, 10/13/17)
- File Type 3a (Details of Transfers Off-site) (PDF)(67 pp, 484 K)
- File Type 3b (Details of Transfers to Publicly-Owned Treatment Works (POTW)) (PDF)(30 pp, 244 K)
- File Type 4 (Details of Facility Information) (PDF)(22 pp, 188 K)
- File Type 5 (Additional Information on Source Reduction, Recycling and Pollution Control) (PDF)(21 pp, 187 K)
- File Type 6 (Additional Information on Miscellaneous and Optional) (PDF)(23 pp, 189 K)