San Francisco Bay Delta Action Plan
- San Francisco Bay Delta Action Plan
- CWA Program Review and Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPR)
2012 San Francisco Bay Delta Action Plan
EPA published the San Francisco Bay Delta Action Plan (Bay Delta Action Plan) in August 2012 and identified seven priority activities, listed below, to advance the protection and restoration of aquatic resources and ensure a reliable water supply in the San Francisco Bay Delta Estuary watershed.
- Strengthen Estuarine Habitat Protection Standards
- Advance Regional Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment Programs
- Accelerate Water Quality Restoration Through Total Maximum Daily Loads
- Strengthen Selenium Water Quality Criteria
- Prevent Pesticide Pollution
- Restore Aquatic Habitats while Managing Methylmercury
Implementing Bay Delta Action Plan priorities will contribute to restoration and protection of Bay Delta Estuary aquatic resources, however, actions by government and private partners are essential for achieving these goals.
Clean Water Act (CWA) Program Review and Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (ANPR)
As an initial step to the Bay-Delta Action Plan, EPA issued an Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking for Water Quality Challenges in the San Francisco Bay/Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Estuary (ANPR) to solicit comment from the public and other agencies on what EPA might do differently to implement the programs under its purview. The ANPR summarizes the status of aquatic species of concern in the Bay Delta Estuary, the current scientific and technical understanding of major stressors on aquatic resources, and the state of the regulatory response to the dramatic decline in those resources.